[sca-comments] Henry Jakl, Known in the Society as HL Henry of Bohemia

Lisa Lamb Santucci lisalambsantucci at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 17:54:11 CDT 2021

Henry of Bohemia OP Rank: 5Avacal Wiki Entry
Branch: Barony of Montengarde [Branch web site]
Highest Award: Avacal Champion of Arrow

Greetings,

It is with a heavy heart that I create and send this missive.  I feel it is my duty as a Royal Peer and a Society Peer to bring forth significant concerns in regards to this individual.   Recently (yesterday, 26 May 2021) Henry made openly racist and derogatory remarks on his public facebook page.   These are not the first time Henry has made such remarks, just the first time he PUBLICLY made them available for all to see.   Henry is currently serving as the Kingdom of Avacal Champion of Arrows as well as being a member of the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft.
As a peer I have received numerous messages from our populace expressing their concerns and outrage over his public comments and blatant racism asking for us as a society to do something.  On Henry's facebook page he is clearly representing the SCA through his online photos where it shows him at various events, and through being tagged by other members on his page.

The precedent was set when Wolfgang von Sachenburg was removed, titles stripped, and permanently banned from the SCA.   I ask that this precedent be enforced in this case as well.  Henry has long been a wolf in sheep's clothing and has made the female populace uncomfortable for years.  This is just another aspect of his beliefs that we can finally point definitively to and collectively have a voice and say "NO".  This isn't ok.  Not in our SCA. Not Now, now Ever.

I thereby submit that Henry of Bohemia be removed from The SCA with all due haste with no ability to return.

Sincerely,
Lisa Santucci,

In the SCA:  Viscountess Sina Erdeneva, OL