[sca-comments] Fwd: New Social Media Policy

Dale Fong-Frederick dfongfrederick at director.sca.org
Sun May 23 18:15:55 CDT 2021

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.  Your thoughts are valued.

Dale Fong-Frederick
Director, Seat D

On May 23, 2021, at 6:56 PM, Marie Schorn <ladyarrienne at gmail.com> wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,

Usually the BOD acts cautiously, working to protect the SCA long term.  For example, I can see where you told SCA groups to follow state guidelines when opening up in person activities.  I also saw the intense reactions to that ruling - from those who thought it was way too controlling because they felt like people should be able to do as they like and take their chances regarding Covid.  I also saw similar intense, negative reactions from those who felt each group should have the right to insist on checking vaccination cards or mandating masks.  However these reactions are typical of SCA members and the BOD is able to make decisions that are designed primarily to protect the SCA long term.  I understand that and have seen it over and over again.

So I am forwarding my email to the social media officer to you because all I can conclude is that you haven't seen this yet.  If you don't want to allow SCA groups to mandate masks at events during a pandemic, you sure don't want the SCA to have anything to do with even claiming to monitor people's personal social media posts.  That is just a disaster waiting to happen.