[sca-comments] Recent social media policy

SCA Herald herald at sca.org
Sat May 22 14:24:10 CDT 2021

Greetings!

I'm sure you're getting a lot of commentary on this well-intended policy and potential unintended consequences. I will leave more thoughtful people to those.

I did want to point out that I think it is problematic to suggest the SCA has any sort of control over what someone does with their persona name and heraldry. We don't own those items -- they are owned by the individual. Branch names and armory, certainly, as well as office titles and badges and so forth, absolutely the SCA has say over how they are used.

--

Jennifer Smith/Emma de Fetherstan

Laurel Queen of Arms

herald at sca.org