[sca-comments] New Pan-Peerage

Isolde isolde at moyen.org
Sat May 1 13:33:24 CDT 2021

The short answer, I think this is a really bad idea.  The current
peerages all have a similar requirements which are easily identifiable,
only differentiating in the area of prowess (fighting, arts, service).
I have always been told that the rank of Court Baron was given to those
with peer-like qualities who haven't mastered one of those areas of
prowess.  It has evolved into something more like a "thank you" from the
Crown. How will the proposed peerage evolve? I don't know, but I don't
believe it will be a good thing.  I know schools have gone to give every
child who enters the race a price.  But if everyone gets a peerage, what
is the reward for those who go beyond the norm. Again, this is a really
bad idea.

--
Yours in service,
Isolde, contessa