[sca-comments] Membership Numbers and being a Kingdom

Dale Fong-Frederick dfongfrederick at director.sca.org
Sun Jul 11 22:14:47 CDT 2021

Thank you for sharing your concerns with the Board.

Dale Fong-Frederick
Vice Chair, Board of Directors
Society for Creative Anachronism
Ombudsman for: An Tir, Ansteorra, Gleann Abhann, Trimaris

“Stand and be true”

On Jul 11, 2021, at 11:08 PM, Eirik of Two Ravens <eiriktworavens at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Board of Directors of the SCA, I hope you are well.

I have concerns as we are being to look of having In person event in Avacal, I realize that some Kingdoms have been having events for longer than our kingdom but that doesn't really affect my concern. I really think the BOD should have a moratorium on removing Kingdoms status based on Membership for at least a year, end of 2022 would be more ideal. Most kingdoms saw recruitment go to near zero and some time to recover hold events and do demos without sweating the numbers monthly. The events of Covid are unprecedented in the history of the Society and warrant this action. I hope that the BOD will at least discuss the matter as it is important Society wide.

--
*Eirik of Two Ravens*
Sable Minotaur Pursuivant - Herald Officer of The Barony of Montengarde

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>      Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>