[sca-comments] Kingdom Newsletters

Aurelia Cassia aureliacassia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:50:11 CDT 2020

Good afternoon,

I hope this missive finds you well. I'd like to share my thoughts on the
availability of Kingdom newsletters.

Though the newsletters are a bit outdated as technology now demands instant
information with constant updates rather than quarterly or monthly
newsletters, I strongly feel that the efforts of our Chronicler and other
contributors should be more easily accessible. The newsletter as a perk of
membership made sense when the newsletters were sent via mail, but now that
the newsletters are produced and distributed electronically, it no longer
makes sense to keep these valuable sources of information and positive news
behind a paywall. The event flyers and information shared by Kingdom
Royalty and officers is often overlooked by many of the Kingdom populace
due to the current somewhat onerous process to view the newsletters. Many
newer members don't even know we have a newsletter, much less how to access
it. Allowing Kingdoms to post the newsleterto their Kingdom website and/or
social media would greatly increase the use and utility of the newsletters,
and it would likely generate additional content as well, which I'm sure our
Chroniclers would appreciate.

Please consider allowing Kingdoms to post their electronic newsletters on
Kingdom websites and social media accounts, and help the Society focus on
the wonderful things we do in service to the Dream rather than the petty
political squabbles and other divisive issues that currently fill our
newsfeeds.

YIS,

Mistress Aurelia Cassia, OP
Baroness, Barony of Oldenfeld